Find out about the stumbling blocks, the process, and standard upgrades of an Atlanta bathroom remodel—straight from the pros.
The bathroom is one of the most consistently used rooms in the house. It’s where you and your loved ones start and end each day, brushing teeth or showering. An Atlanta bathroom remodel is popular because homeowners get plenty of use out of the upgrade.
But an Atlanta bathroom remodel is also an investment. This type of home renovation increases your home’s value and is a definite selling point when your home’s on the market.
This article will outline some of the common misconceptions homeowners have about an Atlanta bathroom remodel, give details about the process, and provide an overview of commonly included aspects.
Without a doubt, the most significant misconception about an Atlanta bathroom remodel is that costs can run into the tens of thousands of dollars—an exorbitant amount.
This sentiment couldn’t be further from the truth.
The fact of the matter is that an Atlanta bathroom remodel will cost a few thousand dollars, but prices don’t have to climb into the tens of thousands. It all depends on what you want. Of course, if you want a complete overhaul and rearrangement of your bathroom, the price climbs accordingly.
A second stumbling block we hear about regarding an Atlanta bathroom remodel is the disruption to the home. Nobody wants to be without a bathroom for an extended period. We know this and do our best to work with you on a schedule that works for everyone.
Clear communication about what you’re willing to go without will go a long way in ensuring a smooth process for the completion of your Atlanta bathroom remodel.
Atlanta bathroom remodel process.
Every Atlanta bathroom remodel is different, depending on the client’s desires, space, and budget. But overall, there is a process you can expect when undergoing your Atlanta bathroom remodel:
- Meet the contractor. We’ll come to your house during this stage, take a look at the existing bathroom, talk about what you have in mind, and discuss the budget.
- Design. Our design team will create a package that includes everything discussed during the initial meeting and present a formalized estimate.
- Procure materials. We buy the materials required for your chosen upgrades, so they’re ready for when construction begins.
- Demolition. The remodeling team will show up at your house and remove your bathroom’s old aspects at the scheduled time.
- Construction. Again scheduled beforehand, the construction ideally begins soon after demolition, resulting in limited bathroom downtime.
Expect clear communication during each step of your Atlanta bathroom remodel. The goal is no surprises!
Standard Atlanta bathroom remodel upgrades.
Let’s go over the most common aspects of a bathroom remodel for inspiration about what you can do with your own space!
- Sinks and vanities. Going from a single to a double sink is common for homes that have space. If not, updating an old unit helps provide a clean, elegant look!
- Shower. How old is your shower? Åre the seals still intact? A new shower is by far the most common change during an Atlanta bathroom remodel, for a good reason—they’re used daily!
- Toilet. Modern toilets have lower water requirements, saving money on utility bills. There are options available with separate flushes for each waste product and different sized seats. Take a look at what’s available at your local hardware store.
- Bathroom tile. Most people don’t think about the floor when they daydream about their Atlanta bathroom remodel. Installing a new floor provides an updated look, brightening up the room and ensuring protection from water damage.
- Lighting and fixtures. Lighting is undervalued by most homeowners interested in an Atlanta bathroom remodel, but proper lighting can change the entire bathroom experience. Similarly, new faucets and handles throughout a bathroom can fundamentally change the quality of each trip.
These are the broad aspects of a bathroom remodel, but the possibilities are endless. Check out our bathroom remodel ideas article for more inspiration!
Your Atlanta bathroom remodel with RCR.
While there are a few stumbling blocks to getting an Atlanta bathroom remodel, there isn’t any reason why you couldn’t speak in person with a contractor and hear their thoughts about your dreams and budget.
The process doesn’t have to be overwhelming. With clear communication, you’ll be well on your way to your brand new bathroom in no time!
Remember, an Atlanta bathroom remodel is an investment in your home. It will pay off every day with increased comfort and pleasure in your new space, and in the long run, with increased home value.
If you are in the Atlanta, Georgia, area and are interested in a bathroom remodel, give us a call or reach out via our contact page! Our experts are here for you and can’t wait to turn your dream bathroom into a reality!